SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Team USA (WJC)

UMDDogz

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is basically a college all star team we are playing today.  There are a handful of pro players on the team too.  Team USA will be a big favorite in my opinion.  I hope we can keep it close.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My sentiments exactly. Can't expect to win this game but we can expect two things:

1. A realistic impression of what level we are on depth wise (three players injured, one more on Team USA).

2. Does Brandt have anything left... if he DOES play. (I won't believe it until I hear his name in nets despite the fact that it makes perfect sense for him to start this game).

If we can keep it within two goals, I think we'd be doing fine. If we win...well, even the 1980 Olympic team lost a game before the tourney started ;)

1.  A realistic impression of what level we are on depth wise ...Does Brandt have anything left... if he DOES play.  (I won't believe it until I hear his name in nets despite the fact that it makes perfect sense for him to start this game)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you think the Sioux will rotate goaltenders during the game to get a feel for who will be their #1?

i am watching the webcast... 4 on 4 now half way through 1st period 0-0 both teams with good scoring chance..

Nothing on Sioux radio or usahockey.  Can't find any links.  I wonder if it is even on television then?  This sucks, I kind of wanted to listen a little while I watch the Vikings fall apart again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is basically a college all star team we are playing today. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldnt say that.. only underclassman can be on the team (19 or younger right?)

Sure there are a lot of future stars on the team but not all of the best players in college hockey.

USA obviously has more talent than UND, but I thought UND held up just fine in the 1st. I thought the scoring chances were about equal. I don't expect UND to seriously challenge, but hopefully they can continue to hang tough and keep it respectable.

Zajac, Genoway, and Murray do not look out of place at all and are taking it to USA at times. But UND's defensemen look a little shaky against the very talented players of USA.