SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Football!

ZapPoke

Yes, congrats to the Football team.  I only caught the touchdown at the end of the third quarter and then the entire fourth quarter.  Talk about exciting.  I wanted to beat some of the receivers silly for dropping many of those passes, but the team came through in the end.  Great year.

Yeah, some of those dropped passes throughout the game scared me (not to mention the punts and field goal attempts).  I suppose the wet weather had something to do with it, but we came through in the end.

That 4th down play on the final TD drive was nerve-racking (not to mention the last 10 secs of defense).  

What an exciting game.  Both teams played well, and yet gave the other team chances to win.  Fortunately the Lakers were killed by penalties, and made the more egregious mistakes.

Coach Lennon is a class act, from what I see of him.  Met him once at a golf tournament.  Didn't even know who he was and he talked with me like a regular Joe.  So is Roger Thomas.  They both deserve this victory, as well as the guys, IMHO.

"It took four years, but he finally broke his first tackle."

UND LB Eric Schmidt on his roommate's (UND WR "Saint" Luke Schleusner) catch and run to set up the National Championship winning TD.

December 8th was the Feast of the Second Immaculate Reception.

Did anybody tape the game?  I thought I had but wound up with 3 1/2 hours of static because my VCR wasn't set to the right "band" of channels. If someone hasa tape, could they copy it for meor lend it to me for same?  I live in Grand Forks.   Happy to pay for the service.

YaneA,

I taped both the semifinal and championship games.  You can certainly borrow my tape if you like and record them.  I haven't gotten a chance to watch them yet, but it sounds like ESPN missed the first part of the championship game due to a basketball game.  Let me know if you want to borrow the tape.