SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Gets no Love in the CHN Pre-season Rankings.

Goon

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the link.CHN Preseason Joke.

I think this another preseason poll that is a joke. No Toews, but they did manage to stuff it full of Michigan Wolverines and B.C. Eagles. Cory Schnider as second team all Americans, that is almost as funny as Montoya being a good goalie...

I tend to think this line up is quite impressive, do you realize that Oshie was the only soph to make the 1st team and one of two in for both teams - very impressive. Oshie's play is impressive and attention grabbing stuff, Toews is more subtle, almost like T Zajac - Toews will get his time to shine

I think this another preseason poll that is a joke. No Toews, but they did manage to stuff it full of Michigan Wolverines and B.C. Eagles. Cory Schnider as second team all Americans, that is almost as funny as Montoya being a good goalie...

It is interesting that they say Oshie is "slightly" higher, but Toews can't even break the 2nd team. O well. Hobey Toews.

I tend to think this line up is quite impressive, do you realize that Oshie was the only soph to make the 1st team and one of two in for both teams - very impressive. Oshie's play is impressive and attention grabbing stuff, Toews is more subtle, almost like T Zajac - Toews will get his time to shine

Toews could care less about these polls. He is more interested in getting a national championship before he moves on.

I predict he will explode this year and will show why he should have been picked first overall in this year's draft. He has put on an extra 17 lbs. and about 1 inch on his frame. Strength will no longer be a big issue.

And to think that he will still be one of the youngest players on the Sioux if not the youngest.

Toews could care less about these polls. He is more interested in getting a national championship before he moves on.

I predict he will explode this year and will show why he should have been picked first overall in this year's draft. He has put on an extra 17 lbs. and about 1 inch on his frame. Strength will no longer be a big issue.

And to think that he will still be one of the youngest players on the Sioux if not the youngest.

You bring up a good point, with the age factor. It could scare away alot of attention because some feel he may not be all that good yet with the lack of experience. Toews will undoubtly be a huge force this year by putting up huge numbers. Oshie and him together is like peanut butter and jelly - one good combination

You bring up a good point, with the age factor. It could scare away alot of attention because some feel he may not be all that good. Toews will undoubtly be a huge force this year by putting up huge numbers. Oshie and him together is like peanut butter and jelly - one good combination

I think the combination of Oshie and Toews can score about 50-60 goals this season.

I think Toews will lead the league in scoring.

I also think Brian Boyle is the most over hyped college player I have ever seen. Though I have only seen him play 6 times the last 2 years. If he was in the WCHA he would be just another player, but since he is out East they will hype him as a possibly Hobey. Even after he scores only 25 goals.

Not only is it a poll, it's a 'pre-season' poll at that. Referring to it as 'worthless' is redundant. :blush:

Hey come on, aren't we supposed to take these things with them being the pinacle of what is all knowing.

There is a serious east coast bias in that poll.

Ah...Schnieder is a joke? He very well could have been first team. The only goalie I would even CONSIDER to put ahead of Schnieder is Elliott.

yeah, i can see putting e johnson on the honorable mentions because he has yet to be tested at this level...but toews...come on. wisco did get nice attention on the 1st team though...

No one comes even close to Elliot in my opinion as far as goalies go. Schnieder is not a first teamer, look at his play the last two season, the Sioux laid a 5 spot on him last season and a 6 spot on him the year before. Also, his play in the WJC was questionable at best.

No one comes even close to Elliot in my opinion as far as goalies go. Schnieder is not a first teamer, look at his play the last two season, the Sioux laid a 5 spot on him last season and a 6 spot on him the year before. Also, his play in the WJC was questionable at best.

Schnieder may not be on Elliotts door but he's on his street. Name one other goalie you would include, Geopfert? Yeah possibly but he's not in Schnieders class.

Schnieder had a 2.11 gaa and a .929 save percentage. Finished 7th in the NCAA in GAA, 3rd in Save Percentage, 1st in minutes played and tied for 1st in Shutouts.

By the way I could care less what he did at the WJC. He kept the team in games. Team USA was questionable at best. So adding that and 2 games he played against the Sioux don't add up to much to me. He's proven it time and time again how good he is.

The list they came up with and the hanging chads they provided are actually really good. Toews is a bit older so he will ultimately have a great year this year. TJ was hands down a better player last year. Put what you want into the Toews hype we've been hearing, I won't. He's a great player, but had a slow start last year and came on strong in the end. With that being said I will agree he should be on the 2nd team.

Otherwise the list seems realistic. Ed and Adam aren't the smartest around but they did put up a good list this time. (remember that Foss probably had a hand in this poll)

I would however throw Klubertanz and Hunwick off the list altogether, move Goligoski up to the first team and put Fletcher from SCSU on the second team.

I think the forwards are ok, especially Boyle (except after watching him now multiple times I think he

Isn't this thread all about hyping a player that had almost identical stats last season?

Boyle was a 22 year old junior with 22 goals. Toews was a 17 year old with 22 goals(most of them in the scond half).

This year Boyle will score 25 goals, Toews will score 30-35. Just my 2 cents. Like I said I don't watch a lot of hockey east and I am WCHA biased. I would much rather have Blake Wheeler over Boyle. I am scared Wheeler is going to have a HUGE year.

Boyle was a 22 year old junior with 22 goals. Toews was a 17 year old with 22 goals(most of them in the scond half).

This year Boyle will score 25 goals, Toews will score 30-35. Just my 2 cents. Like I said I don't watch a lot of hockey east and I am WCHA biased. I would much rather have Blake Wheeler over Boyle. I am scared Wheeler is going to have a HUGE year.

as long as he plays just average on jan 26 and 27 and not HUGE :blush: