SiouxSports.com Forum

Great Matt Greene Story

The Walrus

Edmonton Oilers had a pre-camp skate the other day....

Matt shows up 10 minutes late misses strecthing and warm-ups, jumps on the ice and sees that there is no one to face off against guess who ...? Geoff Paukovich..LOL

Matt skates to the face off circle and looks right at Paukovich and says "Are you ready to do this ?" Paukovich says "You know it"

That was all it took, gloves drop Matt jumps all over Paukovich and after 2-3 minutes (Greene says) they get them seperated...lol

Sometimes paybacks really hurt, Nice job Matt Greene..!

Check this out...

http://forums.edmontonoilers.com/index.php?showtopic=34620

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two wrongs never made anything right. I'm very disappointed in Matt for lowering himself to Geoff's level.

Let's be clear, Matt neither hit from behind, nor unexpectedly after a whistle, nor caused serious potentially life threatening injuries. Matt did NOT stoop to Geoff's level. :angry:

Whatever dave. punkobith had it coming, even he knew that.

i agree, robbie is one of his good friends and and the time had to be right and it was, he didnt lower himself to pauks level, if that was the case we would be talking about pauk really hurt being cheap shotted by matt, instead green skated up, pauk knew what was up tried to fight him and took a beat down then shook hands, it was done the right way if needed to be done.

Two wrongs never made anything right. I'm very disappointed in Matt for lowering himself to Geoff's level.

I understand what Dave K is saying....However there seems to be a un-written code of conduct in "Hockey". I believe Matt when he said "Are you ready to do this ?" Mr. Paukovich could have certainly refused, he however said "You know It"....Then it is let the games begin time in my opinion.

I was also told they went out for dinner after the incident...In a sign of saying we now got that behind us..?

I understand what Dave K is saying....However there seems to be a un-written code of conduct in "Hockey". I believe Matt when he said "Are you ready to do this ?" Mr. Paukovich could have certainly refused, he however said "You know It"....Then it is let the games begin time in my opinion.

I was also told they went out for dinner after the incident...In a sign of saying we now got that behind us..?

seems to be over to me as well, props to matt, now lets see another great season from robbie!!

I am strongly opposed to this "un-written code" that you speak of. I get it, but I don't like it. I love the game of hockey, but hate the "un-written code". I'm entitled to my opinion, no? If somebody beat the crap out of me I sure as hell wouldn't go out for dinner with him, that's for damn sure. But then again I would have refused to fight him. Fighting is neanderthalish behavior in my opinion. Again, I'm entitled to my opinion so please get off my back Goon and anybody else who craves violence.

Well one would expect that if the league took care of these situations then there wouldn't be a need for the players to take care of it. In this case Don Adam gave Pakovitch 2 minutes when he saw the whole thing. The WCHA committee only suspended him for a game.

That was the most flagrant intent to injure hit I've seen in my life and I watch a lot of hockey.

I am strongly opposed to this "un-written code" that you speak of. I get it, but I don't like it. I love the game of hockey, but hate the "un-written code". I'm entitled to my opinion, no? If somebody beat the crap out of me I sure as hell wouldn't go out for dinner with him, that's for damn sure. But then again I would have refused to fight him. Fighting is neanderthalish behavior in my opinion. Again, I'm entitled to my opinion so please get off my back Goon and anybody else who craves violence.

Just because most of us think that this was an ok thing for Matt to do does NOT mean that we "crave violence." Don't assume that! We just think that it was one of the best ways to get even, with both sides agreeing to fight.

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect the fact that you have strong views regarding that opinion. However, when you express that opinion on a message board in a manner that is clearly intended to be contrary to others' opinions, you open yourself up to others criticizing that opinion. That is the way the world works--you cannot have it both ways. If you do not want others to jump on your back, then don't express an opinion. Yours is not the only opinion on the subject, and is akin to taking a position on abortion or the death penalty and then asking others not to criticize that opinion.